View high resolution
Marinating chicken over night for dinner tomorrow
#4 Dukan Diet tip is “Spice Up your Food”. By using different seasonings and different ways of cooking and presenting your food you will almost forget that you are on a diet. Many of the recipes are also good enough to serve up to entertain your friends and if you wait until you move on to the Cruise Phase and entertain on a Protein and Vegetable (PV) day they may not even notice that you are on diet.
My spicy #4 Dukan Diet recipe is Piri Piri Chicken.
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons crushed chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lime
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Mix the cider vinegar, chilli flakes, lemon juice, paprika, garlic and oregano in a bowl to make a marinade.
- Place the chicken in the marinade, fully coating each piece.
- Cover the bowl with cling flim and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade andseason with salt and pepper to taste
- Barbecue or grill on a medium heat until cooked throughly.
- Remove skin for those on Dukan Diet and serve with plain fat free yoghurt with a squeeze of lime juice.